Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Knitting Squares

I have decided I needed a break from the usual knitting projects and do some 'mindless' knitting. So I started knitting squares - all knitted, no purl. They are fairly small too, so it makes me feel like I have accomplished something even sooner lol

What will I do with all these squares? I have it narrowed down to something for my dogs =) They are not fussy, and they will not notice if everything isnt perfectly done. They are my perfect test subjects...

I just need to decide if I should make a pillow or a blanket. My husband votes for the pillow - but I do not want to create a pillow by adding stuffing, as I can just picture them pulling out the stuffing a bit a t a time. I *could* buy a pillow and just make a pillow case, that way, it would be easy to wash it. The only problem with leaving the end of the pillowcase open is that the pillowcase might slip off - which would defeat my intended purpose for the pups. I know this may be an unlikely scenario, but...

I could also just make a blanket, but then they would have to share it. I could make 2 blankets, but then the project would get a bit bigger than I had originally intended. Altho, they would also have to share the pillow/pillowcase, so maybe I would need to do two of those also?

Ughh. Again, its for my pups - they wont care that much - why am I overanalyzing this? lol Any thoughts y'all? =)

No comments: