Saturday, September 3, 2011

Dining Decor

My husband and I were out of town the other day for work-related stuff and ended up eating at a restaurant outside of Allentown, PA. Actually, they had rooms too - so it was a country inn place with a fancy restaurant =) I really loved their dining room decor - and after looking at their website and thinking on it more, I am pretty sure it wouldnt't be too hard to make some of the decor for the walls of your own house (see picture below).

The red flower picture would be relatively simple - just a few rustic boards painted white and the red flower painted on. However, the horse picture to the left might be a bit harder to duplicate. If I am looking at it right, I think someone took a thick piece of wood and carved the horse into it & painted the recessed background black.

Has anyone done much wood carving? Or do you think they created this picture differently? I may have to give it a try - tho, not sure where I would put a horse picture at actually. If it turns out good, I could always give it as a gift or *find* room for it =) Otherwise, if it turns out horrid, I just might throw it away lol

Or maybe use it as kindling for a bonfire? =)

No comments: