Saturday, January 24, 2015

Glitter Jars

Sometimes inspiration doesn't turn out exactly how you thought it would. And yep! that happened the last time I saw something on Pinterest and thought 'what the heck! I am gonna try this'. And nope! this is not like the 'Regretsy' thing - it didn't turn out *that* bad =D But, after I was done, I did think it needed more tweaking to make it an ideal thing I want to put on display for everyone to see, rather than stick it in the bedroom and stare at it every night trying to decide where I went wrong.

The inspiration was the below pictures I found on Pinterest:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AZfFioGWgE45CiUWOlBe6MJVxiBUgSmlbowvg47_L26YIlIbx7M4R5U/

Basically, take some Mason jars, add glue inside, add glitter & put a candle inside. Altho, I wanted to step it up a notch and add some ribbon to make it a bit fancier. The paper ribbon I added to the 1st one was too much, it blocked out most of the light inside =/ And then the 2nd one didn't have enough glitter despite the three attempts to add more to the inside of the jar.

See my attempts(s) below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/sprxn1p1awhbedz/AAAYKMRdunIzxXUTs7-06Dnua

Maybe the 3rd try will by just perfect tho! =)

No comments: