Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sticks & Stones

The treks to Hobby Lobby the other day proved to be an insightful process. Not only because I became more aware of my likes, what I will tolerate, what I am unable to stand - but the trips gave me insight into what my friend and husband think of homemade decor.

In order to keep this blog post fairly short, let's just say that my husband did not like the glass beads/stones I had picked out to go with the faux sticks that I was gonna, uhh...err...stick in a vase as an effort of setting some decor about the house. While we have painted the walls since we moved in and have done other household projects, I do not have the various little things about a house that brings the house together (ie vases, pictures and such).

Granted, I *do* have a few, but....a very few...

So anyway! Glass beads somehow reminded my husband of his Grandma which -suffice it to say - it wasn't his favorite Grandma. Sooo.... I looked for natural stones instead and got more sticks. But then we found a table to put in the hallway that made me wince with the price of it (so I put them back) - BUT it was an excellent fit. It actually looks perfect...

Tho, I now have the old glass beads and vase I have - coupled with new glass beads and some faux sticks from my 1st trip with my friend. The latter I am debating whether I should take them back or try my hand at doing something that will wow even my husband.

Anyone ever get this stuff and make something that turned out spectacular? =)

No comments: