Monday, July 5, 2010

Gladiolas

Behold a couple of stems from my gladiolas! Aint they pretty? lol Actually, its a bit disappointing that my camera doesnt capture the detail a bit better - must figure out how to remedy that =) They are a gorgeous orange tho...... too bad they will not stay that way forever. I mean, I don't think you can actually dry out gladiolas and keep 'em (sides, that would be ugly and pointless). Just be kinda nice to spray 'em - freeze em in time so to speak you know? Or can you? It would be nice to have proof for years to come that I do not kill *everything* in my flower bed lol




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful!


Dee Anna

Lisa Marie said...

Thanks Dee Anna! =)

The only problem with them so far is that they have grown so tall, they kinda 'fall over' cuz of the weight of the flowers on top ya know?

Maybe I can tie them upright? Your Mom has gladiolas right? Is that what she does?

Unknown said...

I think she uses small bamboo poles to tie them up.

silfert said...

Stakes are a gardener's friends. Great color!