Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Deer Hats

Well, I got a bit embarassed on Ravelry the other day! Was exchanging messages about Christmas stuff we are knitting and this particular gal replies:


"My SIL wanted not 1 but 3 of the fornicating deer hats. I have one left to go, a few mittens, slippers and a few hats…."


To which I immediately go WTF? lol Fornicating deer hats? Do you wear them in order to attract deer? Do I wanna know what these hats are like? What they are made out of?


My husband seemed positive that she was using the word 'fornicating' as another way to say f*ck in a nice way. Like a form of exasperation ya know? So I ask, and learned that it is actually a pattern called 'fornicating deer hat' that she is knitting lol


Am I the only one who didn't know these existed? I found a website/blog that shows a picture of them for your viewing pleasure =)


http://redknits.wordpress.com/2010/01/11/deer-hunting-surprise/

No comments: